Reading Pretty: Top 5 Summer Books I’m Looking Forward To Reading

You might have hated the book and the movie and moved on from Lauren Weisberger's writing, but this girl delivers great summer reading.  I can't wait to crack open Last Night at Chateau Marmont.

Sloane Crosley's How Did You Get This Number.  She has a wicked sense of humor and great writing.  I personally thinks she's the female Dave Sedaris.

The Tourist by Olen Steinhauer.  My friend Samantha recommended this book because I love a good mystery.

The Tourist

Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez.  This is the story of four slave mistresses and the bond they share.

Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the Word of Food and People Who Cook by Anthony Bourdain.  I have been waiting for the sequel to Kitchen Confidential for years.  I know it's Bourdain and his bad self giving his opinion on the way we eat and chefs he hates.  I am a faithful watcher of his show on the Travel Channel.  When I travel, I want to be like him.  Open to various cuisines all washed down with a great libation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

7 Comments on Reading Pretty: Top 5 Summer Books I’m Looking Forward To Reading

1. Babyjam824
    June 21, 2010 at 10:27 am (5 years ago)

“Wench” sounds great, I’m def. going to check that out! Thanks for the suggestions!

2. toni
    June 21, 2010 at 11:11 am (5 years ago)

I read Wench earlier this year and loved it! I said I would not read any more books about slavery, but this one was really refreshing.

3. April
    June 21, 2010 at 1:15 pm (5 years ago)

Read Wench too…interesting story. I said I wasn’t going to read any more slave books either, but then I read “The Known World.” It’s Toni Morrison-lite (a good thing).

4. Jaime
    June 21, 2010 at 6:41 pm (5 years ago)

I just picked up two Lauren Weisberger books. I’ve read some of her others and loved them so I thought I’d give these a shot. I can’t wait to read this one as well. In fact all these books sound fabulous.

5. lora
    June 27, 2010 at 9:03 am (5 years ago)

get perfect beautiful skin with your personal airbrush makeup
    you can also find a personal airbrush tanning system for home gets better everyday!!

6. Melissa
    June 30, 2010 at 12:18 am (5 years ago)

The book cover for “How did you get this number?” made me completely lose it for about five minutes. That bear wants to know, HOW DID YOU GET THIS NUMBER?? Hahahaha. I will have to check that out too.

7. down bedding
    July 9, 2010 at 4:31 pm (5 years ago)

hmmm…they all look pretty interesting, I think I am going to check out the tourist one