Bonne Anniversaire to My Husband

I love Paris. I love it with all my heart.  But, the experience of sharing Paris with my husband has been on a completely different level.  I have stayed in Paris and visited Paris numerous times, but never with a man.  It has been a different experience, but fun to see Paris through his eyes.

My husband is a great guy who loves to stay in the background, is intense, kind, opinionated, driven, loyal, hard working, my biggest fan, possesses character, and most importantly is downright FUN.  I could not have imagined that three-plus years ago I would meet this great guy on Craigslist, yes Craiglist.  Think on that for a minute.  But, I did.  Wet met in October 2007 and in two months after meeting were traveling around Spain.  Since 2007 we have visited numerous destinations which involved getting engaged in Egypt and married almost three years to the day of our first date.  I want to wish this great guy a beautimous and happy birthday!  He woke up this morning in the City of Lights, my home town Paris, and his next living location (I still need to give him details on how we are going to make this happen). I hope you have enjoyed Paris as much as I have enjoyed being your personal tour guide.

To my husband.  I hope your birthday year is filled with joy, health, happiness, good friends, food, wine, beer, and most of all love!  To the man who wanted a passport full of stamps and a lifetime of love and travel, Bonne Anniveraire.

Bisous – your wife, amoreux, friend, and travel partner, Julia.

Eifeel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

7 Comments on Bonne Anniversaire to My Husband

1. Olga @ MangoTomato
    January 18, 2011 at 12:00 pm (4 years ago)

what a beautiful ♥ letter. it gave me chills!! you know I absolutely love how you guys met. have a wonderful time in Paris.

2. Audierose
    January 18, 2011 at 2:16 pm (4 years ago)

This posting was absolutely beautiful! May you both share many years of love and happiness. Happy Birthday, Donald!

3. Monique Y. Wells
    January 18, 2011 at 2:46 pm (4 years ago)

Bon anniversaire, Donald! I hope to meet you on your next visit to the City of Light!
    Monique

4. Nappy Mind
    January 18, 2011 at 6:33 pm (4 years ago)

I met you two during an Egyptian Nile cruise which you took on your way home from the World Cup in South Africa. I live vicariously through your blog. You two are fabulous. Bonne Anniversaire indeed!

5. Carol Meyers
    January 18, 2011 at 7:01 pm (4 years ago)

All the best to you and Donald. I wish you continued happiness and a life full of adventure! xoxoxo

6. Jaime
    January 19, 2011 at 3:31 pm (4 years ago)

Beautiful words. He’s a lucky man. May you have many wonderful years together, wherever they happen to take you.

7. Erica
    January 21, 2011 at 5:28 pm (4 years ago)

What a lovely letter and what sounds like a lovely trip! I am absolutely *longing* to go to Paris, have been for years but haven’t been able to quite afford it…until possibly this year! Hoping to go in the summer and reading about your love for it makes me all the more excited!