The web has many great perks for me. I have met amazing women online who have now become friends in real life. Take for example, my girl Tracey from One Brown Girl and the Passport Party Project. Tracey is equally obsessed with Paris, travels the world, loves her hubby, and is an all around good person. I met Tracey when we sat on a panel at Blogalicious in 2011 discussing travel. It didn’t take long for Tracey to see the need for women of color who write about travel together. Introducting the Traveling Brown Girls Blog Carnival. Women bloggers around the world will be writing on various topics. Please check out all these lovely ladies.
The topic for today is my top 5 travel pet peeves. I have many, but will definitely limit it to 5. Here goes.
- A lot of people travel and it irks me to see people continue to try to get through security with jewelry, belts, shoes, etc. Come on people. It is not happening. Add your jewelry after security; don’t wear clothing that requires belts; and easy access shoes are the best.
- Ladies, thin, craptastic, and see through leggings are not pants. I don’t want to see your backside at 5:45am in the airport or anyplace. Unless you are wearing super thick leggings, i.e., Vince/Lululemon they are not pants.
- No, I do not want to switch my aisle seat for a window seat. I hate to fly and the thought of having a window seat means the middle person will want to look out the window more than once. I don’t want to deal with a shade. I prefer aisle.
- My computer screen is not your computer screen. Please do not ask me to share my headphones while I am watching reruns of Sex and the City.
- Yes, I bring my own food on the plane and no you cannot “try my dish.”
I could go on and on, but I can’t. I hope you enjoy the traveling blog carnival and see you on land or in the air.