I’m so excited to go apple picking tomorrow, visiting a local winery, and having multiple laughs that I hope I sleep well tonight. I’m excited to make my apple and blue cheese galette. It’s one of the things I look forward to this time of year. The weather is crisp and the leaves are getting the beautiful orange and plum hue that signals fall.
- I love whipped body butter, but I realized I could just make it myself with a little elbow grease. I watched this video, gathered my ingredients, and now you can’t stop me. My skin is going to be so soft that I actually want to pet it like a puppy. Also, I like that the scent isn’t over-powering. I combined lavender and Madagascar rose essential oils, but only a little bit. Divine. I put mine in glass sixteen-ounce jars I picked up at Homegoods because they make my beauty shelf look purr-ty.
- I love Rihanna and her unapologetic love of herself. I think she is smart and badass at the same time. This article reaffirms why I love her. Some people on these interwebs were made that the writer focused on herself more than Rihanna. Tell me what you think.
- The Man Booker Prize for Fiction was just announced and I was ecstatic to hear Marlon James won for a Brief History of Seven Killings. The book is so good, but it is very violent. I mean it’s tough. But, if you can get past that it is worth reading.
- Every year Neiman Marcus comes out with their annual Christmas Book of ridiculously crazy expensive things that I would buy if I won the lottery. It’s hilarious to look at. I take the time with a cup of tea and laugh out loud. Sometimes, there are a few gems in my price point but not many. It’s an anthropological study in how the other half lives.
- On most Fridays, I’m exhausted from the week and normally I’m on the couch watching documentaries on Netflix. Tonight I plan to watch them from the bath because my new ISUN ORMUS bath salts have arrived and plan on soaking until I’m as wrinkled as a raisin.