As a wine girl, most people don’t think I drink anything else. I enjoy a good cocktail with fresh ingredients and even better liquor. Absolut Vodka is a major vodka brand and is currently on my bar cart. So when they asked me to try their barrel crafted oaked vodka I was skeptical. Vodka. Being oaked?
If you are going to oak vodka, my expectations are going to be high. I expect it to be smooth, can stand alone on its merits, and doesn’t need a mix to make it taste good. Needless to say, I don’t want my vodka any other way now. Absolut Oak is so smooth. At first I tried it with cold apple cider in a cocktail, but the best way in my opinion is straight up on the rocks.
Here’s a great recipe for a fall gathering. Talk about a grown-up hot toddy.
- Half a bottle of Absolut Oak;
- One gallon of apple cider (fresh is the best);
- Thinly sliced Honey Crisp or Fuji apple;
- Mix all the ingredients in a large stock pot and simmer on low for 20 minutes;
- Serve in a mug with an apple slice on top; and
- Your guests will thank you.