In my quest to wear more red lipstick, I bring you the first red of my 30 Before 40 list. She’s a beauty. Her name is Really Red and she’s by Mary Kay. Don’t go there. I know what you are thinking. Mary Kay? Yes. Mary Kay has done a great 360 and are putting out some amazing products. Let’s start with this Really Red lipstick. This lipstick is creamy, goes on smooth, and has staying power. I have been wearing this every day for a week and I can’t get enough, almost like J. Cole, which is this week’s workout them song. You will see in the the photo.
Posts Tagged ‘30 Before 40’
It was hard coming up with this list. Travel is a major part of my life and I’m fortunate to be able to travel as part of my job. I don’t have a particular place I need to visit before turning 40. There are places I still plan on visiting, but that’s an entirely different list. I’m finishing up this blog post from the beautiful island of St. Maarten. So, life is very good for me at the moment.
I plan to go into 40 with my head held high. For most women 40 feels like a burden. They can’t even mention the number. Which is sad. Ladies let’s stop pretending getting older is not happening. Embrace it. My philosophy is that I’m on the right side of the ground. So 40, here’s looking at you. In my pursuit to get to 40 different things I came up with 30 great things to be completed by December 18, 2012. If I see the need to add 10 more I will update the list.
If you haven’t made a life list I suggest you do. We get one life and we might as well live it to the fullest. I hope this inspires you to think out the box, challenge yourself, be open with possibilities, and enjoy this beautiful life. As the poet Mary Oliver says “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” And without further ado.
- Write 1 thing I’m grateful for each day. I’m a blessed woman and I know it. But, there are times when it doesn’t dawn on me. It’s time to rectify that situation.
- Spend 1 week with my mother and aunt. I have the best mother in the world and an aunt who has been my second mother. They deserve my undivided attention and presence for 1 straight week. I need to go to Louisiana, take care of them, and laugh all night with them. I owe them that much.
- Sunday Suppers. I miss the idea of the Sunday family dinner that I had as a child growing up. We would come in from church and my dad would be at the stove. We sat down as a family before heading back to evening service. So I’m planning on 10 Sunday Suppers this year with my extended family. I think I will send a proper invitation through snail mail and bring back a little civility.
- Take at least 10 photos a month of myself, people, and things. I need to document my life more for me and my family.
- Write 40 notes to family in friends telling them I love them.
- Call, text, tweet, Facebook, Face Time, and Skype my nieces and nephews. I miss them terribly.
- While I’m on true connections – Skype or Face Time once a month with friends who live out of state or abroad. I like email, but it will be great to see their gorgeous faces more.
- Get back to journaling. I used to be an every day journal writer, now I’m “where is that journal” writer. Journal at least one day a week.
- I want to be a tourist in my own city this year. This means I need to spend my free time exploring Washington, DC. There is so much to do in DC. When I first moved here I enjoyed my city. It’s time I fall back in love with it.
- Read 40 books this year. (more…)