Did you watch the Oscars last night? I did. After a fun gifting party and tweet-up with friends I was able to watch the entire show at home before the weather became to crazy. I was so happy with Ellen. Her jokes were hilarious and those celebrities seemed very happy to get pizza. My recap is not a best or worst. It’s my favorites. Lupita has me wanting a diamond headband and a pale blue frock to rock this spring. Also, can we discuss her skin? I’m on operation skin like Lupita. Once I receive her makeup look I will add it here. I have upped my weekly scrub routine to twice a week. I don’t know how I’m going to make time for it, but I will.
It’s March and snowing here. Really? Really?
Fred Leighton Jewelry
Portia de Rossi
Naeem Khan Dress
Calvin Klein Collection Dress
Atelier Versace Dress
Camilla Stærk Dress
Zac Posen Dress
Dior Haute Couture Dress
Harry Winston Jewelry
Reem Acra Dress
Neil Lane Jewels
Armani Privé Dress
Camila Alves McConaughey
Makeup Votre Vu
“Our inspiration for tonight’s look on Camila is very old classic Hollywood with a modern twist featuring warm and golden tones. She’s wearing a beautiful soft flush pink/salmon Gabriella Cadena dress with an opening in the back and it is just stunning.
- Camila’s skin was prepped using products by vbeaute including their eye cream and protective cream.
- I started by applying Votre Vu’s Champagne Kisses on Camila’s lips for hydration. Then, I began to moisturize her face first with VBeaute’s Anti-Wrinkle Protecting Serum and then applied Votre Vu’s Attentive Crème du Jour with a brush. For her eyes, I dabbed VBeaute’s Nourishing Repair Eye Cream all around.
- To even out her complexion and give a golden glow, I mixed Votre Vu’s Love Me Deux Tinted Moisturizer in Paris and St. Tropez and stippled it onto her skin using a sponge. This allowed me to concentrate and build the coverage where needed. For the more delicate areas, such as under the eyes, I used my fingers to apply to tinted moisturizer. Applying the product this way allowed me to achieve the most flawless results. Camila has perfect skin so the Love Me Deux provided just enough coverage. I really love this product because it comes with a matching concealer that makes it foolproof! I spot concealed around her nose and under the eyes for a flawless finish, then used a touch ofLingerie Pour Les Yeux in Medium over her eyelids to even out the skin there as well.
- Next, I went over her T-zone and eyelids lightly with Belle Poudre in Golden Medium and Medium to fix the makeup in place. This also helps the eye shadow to stay put and make the colors stay true.
- Using Votre Vu’s Palette Play in Copper, I applied the light beige color for the base all over the eyes and then used the light gold color on the lids. I applied the deepest bronze along the crease and along the upper and lower lash line, and then pulled it out on the outer corners to elongate the eyes. To blend the eye shadows seamlessly, I used a soft angled brush.
- Next, using Votre Vu’s Le Joli Crayon in Charbon, I lined the upper lash line and inside the upper and lower lids to add depth to the eyes. To give more drama to the lashes, I used an eyelash curler and made sure to apply the Eiffel Power mascara from the very root to the top, applying from underneath. This helps to keep the curl and prevent the mascara from weighing the lashes down.
- To accentuate the look, I filled Camila’s brows in with Arch de Triumphe in Fair. This product went on so smoothly and didn’t move, but still was easy to blend.
- On the cheeks, I applied Vu-On Rouge in Amourette (available Spring/Summer 2014) and dusted the pink blush in the Beauté en Bronze duo on top over the apples of her cheeks. Then I took the bronzer from Beauté en Bronze and applied is all over, carefully shading and sculpting her face in the process.
- Lastly, I lined and filled in her lips with Votre Vu’s Drawmatic Lip Liner in Naked, applied French Kiss in Lisette on top, and finished off the lips with Lip Lustre in Tender(available in Spring/Summer 2014). The French Kiss lipstick is the one product she’ll be carrying with her onto the red carpet!”
For tonight’s red carpet, Avon Global Celebrity Makeup Artist Lauren Andersen gave Chrissy a bold lip while keeping the rest of her face soft and natural to complement her gorgeous floral gown. Here’s how to get the look.
- Lauren groomed Chrissy’s brows with Votre Vu Brow Wax.
- Next, Lauren applied the soft pink shade (#2) from Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Emerald Cut to Chrissy’s lids and then coated her lashes withAvon Mega Effects Mascara.
- To create Chrissy’s natural, sunkissed glow, Lauren used a YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation and then brushed on a Lorac Bronzer.
- To complete the look, Lauren gave Chrissy a bold lip—she applied the NEW Avon Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick in Pure Orchid on the models lips.
Makeup: Lancôme and Armani
- Inspiration: For a modern take on classic, makeup artist Matthew VanLeeuwen created a pearlescent, lilac eye and a sultry, plum lip to complement Naomi’s light pearl Calvin Klein Collection gown.
- Eye. Lancôme Color Design 5 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Plum Splendor – Matthew applied the base shade all over, then layered the palest lilac on top, blending the beige and lilac shades to create a pale lid. He then dotted the dark plum liner in between each lash to add depth. Lancôme Le Crayon Khôl in Black Coffee. Lancôme Cils Booster XL. Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara
- Face: Matthew prepped Naomi’s skin with Giorgio Armani Crema Nera Extrema Serum. NEW Lancôme Le Correcteur Pro in 300 Bisque. Giorgio Armani Maestro Cream Compact Foundation #4. Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #10
- Lip: Giorgio Armani #7 Smooth Silk Lip Pencil and Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick in #502 Scarlatto
All dress photos Style.com