I remember when Saffon James Fragrances first burst on the scene. I remember reading about them, but never having the chance to wear one of her scents until now. I don’t care how many celebrity scents come on the market, there is something great about a niche, elegant, and classy scent created by a woman that makes me proud to spell my name W-O-M-A-N. Saffron James Pūnono captures the scents of Hawaii in a bottle. Since I visited Hawaii earlier this year I can see why it does. With notes of Tunisian Opium, Vanilla, Ylang Ylang, and the Puakenikeni flower is strikes a perfect balance of the island life. This is one of those fragrances I had to share although I had thoughts of keeping it to myself. But, blogger guilt encapsulated moi and I caved.
Posts Tagged ‘Uncategorized’
I want to wish everyone a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving. In the season of reflection I hope we can find more than a sliver of thanks, but a ginormous well of thanks. I know that I'm a blessed person. What I'm thankful for this year.
- The Don. I'm thankful for a supportive husband who encouraged me to quit my job to work for myself without looking back in a bad economy.
- Family. I always say we put the "fun" in "dysfunctional." There is no such thing as a perfect family, but mine is pretty darn close and loads of fun.
- Travel. I'm always thankful for traveling. I'm grateful for the ability to have traveled the world, embraced other cultures, and reflect on the photos. I am forever grateful for the wanderlust that encompasses my entire being.
- Blogging. Blogging has changed my entire life. I could not have thought that this beauty, travel, and food junkie side gig would turn into my full time job. Thanks to the old and new readers I get every day. I am grateful to all the friends I have met through this journey who inspire, encourage, and make me laugh. I truly enjoy spending time with my friends from blogging.
- Yoga. Yoga came to my life at a such a difficult time. I look back and it was a lot of dark days, but when I discovered yoga at Tranquil Space the part of my life that seemed to be missing was filled. I hope that every day, in every way I am living my yoga.
I added a wedding band to my left hand. Fall is a season of transition and for me it's been monumental. I'm leaving my day job next week to work from home, for myself, and do what I love to do – write. It's scary, exciting, wonderful, and joyous all at the same time. “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” Rumi
It took me a years to finally breakdown and try the original Cashmere Mist and now I'm all about the extra additions. Donna Karan's Cashmere Liquid Nude Fragrance will not disappoint fans of the original scent. It's still soft and understated with a smooth punch of floral delight.
Liquid Nude is available exclusively at Nordstrom.
Leave it to Tommy Hilfiger to make tailgating more than beer and burgers. The ads for the "Meet the Hilfigers"
family was in all the September magazines, but to actually take the
family to a football game is just major in my opinion. It makes the ads
come alive. The family will appear in future ads, but would love to
see them tailgating at a Washington Redskins game.
Ladies, Wednesday, September 22nd, the Clinique Fresh Faces Tour will be stopping at George Washington University. In association with Teen Vogue the tour will deliver a unique beauty experience while educating young women on how to get started in a related field. I imagine this will be informational for those not just interested in cosmetology programs, but also marketing, print media, and modeling. This is what I know. “Clinique’s ‘Mobile Beauty Studio’ will then travel across the country to colleges and select Nordstrom stores with makeup and hair experts in tow giving makeovers to young hopefuls for their on-site professional photo shoot. Qualifying candidates may enter to become the next Clinique Fresh Face and receive a coveted Clinique summer internship in New York City and a one week experience at Teen Vogue: http://www.cliniquefreshfaces.com.
Top professionals, including Teen Vogue Beauty & Health Director Eva Chen and Celebrity Makeup Artist Jenna Menard, will appear and share their personal stories about how they began their career and give insider tips and advice on how to get started.” Check out these photos from the the Boston University event.
I've been hearing the buzz on The Liaison Capitol Hill Hotel's Tone, Taste, Tan program here in D.C. It's a fun Sunday filled with yoga on the roof, breakfast at Art & Soul (one of my fave DC restaurants) and lounging by the pool.
I'm planning a self-love day in DC next month before my crazy life changes in the fall. This will definitely be on calendar for August. I only hope on the Sunday I choose that Faith will be leading the class. She's a dynamic teacher and the first DC instructor to be on the cover of Yoga Journal.
Reservations are required. I'll see you on the roof.
Guess who's back from Africa? We had a blast at the World Cup – congrats to Espana! Egypt was beyond any expectations that I had. To see all the temples, structures, and pyramids that were created thousands of years ago is beyond words. I will have photos and reviews up soon, once I organize myself and my pictures. I started my transition back to the real world with yoga and it definitely helped after a few weeks of good food, libations, and airplanes. I'm still debating what was my favorite part of the working vacation. South Africa was gorgeous. Egypt was hot, fast, and the most memorable. Why?
Previous 1 2 3 4 … 60 Next